BUILDING A SUPER BRAIN
How to create a healthier brain and elevate your energy!
Did you know that you can improve the speed and function of your brain with the kinds of fats and oils you cook with and eat? Well, you can! I have done this for many years and I suggest you keep reading this, and make these simple additions to your daily and weekly routine.
ADDING HEALTHY FATS TO YOUR ROUTINE
what is happy butter you might ask? This would be unsalted organic butter that comes from cows that are eating plant-based diets... like Grass!
I like the brand KerryGold and I use it to cook with and with a special coffee drink I'll share with you in a minute that will help you feel great and save you money!
ADDING HEALTHY OILS TO YOUR ROUTINE
The oils we use are critical to our foundational health. If we use healthy oils, this impacts our body's ability to process food.
I use two kinds of oils: Coconut Oil and Olive Oil. I use Coconut Oil when I'm cooking and Olive Oil for homemade dressings.
This is another way that you'll both feel great and save money, as compared to buying pre-made dressings, which are expensive and filled with sugar, which you don't want in your body.
RECIPES and HOW TO USE HEALTHY FATS AND OILS
BULLET PROOF COFFEE AND/OR TEA
- Make your coffee or tea, and put it in a blender
- Add 1 -2 teaspoons of unsalted grass-fed butter
- Add 1 - 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Blend it up and the butter counteracts the acidity of the coffee, and makes the coffee creamy, while the coconut oil adds a little sweetness.
- If you want it sweeter, you can add a teaspoon of organic honey.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Add 1 -2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- Add a dash of sea salt
- Add a dash of pepper
- That's it! Unless you want to get fancy and add things like a little organic honey and something spicy, like tabasco or another spicy herb or sauce.
There are so many recipes that I have made from Sweet Potato Tortillas to Vegan Caramel and Vegan Whipped Cream.
More to come!
About the Author
Artist, Educator, Public Speaker
Enrique is an Artist and Educator who’s influence is worldwide. His highlights include:
- Founder and Director of Education, Global Learning Foundation
- Co-Author of the children’s book series Sam the Ant®
- Creator, iBG®, Intellectual Brainwave Games
- Author of “Living Like a Child”
- Co-Producer and Performing Artist for theatrical show “The Inner Journey”
- 2-Time Grammy Nominated Composer and Artist
Founded in 2000 with his mentor Dr. Carroll Rinehart, the Global Learning Foundation (GLF), formerly the F.A.M.E. Foundation, is focused on changing the paradigm from education to learning, with an emphasis on creating autonomous learners and using artistic approaches to engage the learner. Having served over 130,000 children and families, it has acted locally and thought globally from it’s inception. A thought leader in artistic, creative and innovative professional development, Enrique’s initiatives have been recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts, with it’s main focus on early childhood education. Enrique has presented numerous keynotes and workshops for organizations; from national entities such as ILA, NAEYC and NAFCC, many state and regional organizations such as NCAEYC, NYSAEYC, and thousands of local workshops for fathers, parents, and communities. Together with a team of world class educators and artists, and their partner organizations, Enrique fosters sustainable, organic and research-based learning models which develop the potential of the learner with the intent of revealing purpose.
As an artist, Enrique is a film composer, pianist and producer. He is an active performing artist on piano and vocals and sings with the Tucson Symphony Orchestra Chorus. He is a former professor of music and education at the University of Arizona and the University of Wisconsin. His journey in life is interwoven with his wife and concert pianist Marie Sierra, their 20 year old son Nick, and their 24 year old daughter, Sam.