Keyword

Science showed the universality of music

More
4 years 4 months ago #114 by PABlo
Why it matters: Have you ever noticed that many conversations people have about their tastes in music revolve around what they don't like? In general, people tend to dislike music they can't relate to. As it turns out, many of the underlying structures and melodic elements of all types of tunes are similar, according to new research. In a world where people often struggle to understand each other, it's nice to know that a universal language could exist.

Read more: ScienceAlert (Australia)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #115 by Daniel Campos

Reading the article i think that its true i really like music. and i was thinking when we hear a tone or song for the first time you usally anticipate and know what happens next. why do we often use simpler songs for babies like lullabies, when you make think a aliitle more complicated they absorb like a sponge , like a study i saw on a guy who would intensly show his baby jazz and music theory seems a bit harsh but the son ended up having perfect pitch. i think that music is a good way to express your self because if a certain vibration or frequency defines an emotion that we make . when we play music at a certain frequency or vibration make you feel that one feeling no one can explain
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Daniel Campos. Reason: mistake

More
4 years 3 months ago #116 by Daniel Campos
thank you pablo
The following user(s) said Thank You: PABlo

More
4 years 3 months ago #117 by kameronscott101
Apparently I don't know anything about the songs I listen to seeing as when I did the quiz I got mainly everything wrong and perceived them as something different then what i thought. But it was nice to hear how different everything sounded like

More
4 years 3 months ago #118 by little teak
ya that is relay cool that we can all one day communicate with one languages and not multiple ones.

More
4 years 3 months ago #119 by Intellectual_Hippo
Some of my favorite songs ever are the Star Wars themes composed by John Williams. They encompass a wide variety of themes, including Love, Destiny, and Wisdom. It's interesting that the same musical motifs are present throughout multiple instances of music. For example, both Leia's theme and Marion's theme (from Indiana Jones) use a similar structure of notes to get across a similar message.